• 1522 Visualizações

Ria

• Membro
  • +0/-0
    • http://mariacaramela.hi5.com/
Fado
« em: Abril 06, 2008, 06:24:04 pm »
Olá todos,

I am doing a presentation of fado for my speech class and I need some help with it.  It has been a little difficult getting information about fado because many sources sometimes contradict each other...which is normal since describing fado is not too easy and can vary with different perspectives.

I have two major questions I wanted to ask of you all:

1.  I've read that Salazar hated fado but recognized its popularity and used it to convey an image of Portugal as "pobrete mas alegrete" and censored it so that the songs were about very traditional things such as wine, women, church, family, etc...nothing that would contradict a view of progress.  Is this true, do you agree with this?

2.  I'm struggling with trying to describe modern fado.  I know modern fadistas and singers have included more instruments and influences but what else have they done to expand the genre?  I keep reading that they have brought new themes to fado, sometimes more positive themes, but what are they?  I don't want to be vague in my presentation, I think that would signify that I don't fully know what I am talking about.

any help would be greatly appreciated  :)

eu espero que todos de vocês estão fazendo bem.