Breda Ba.65

• 10 Respostas
  • 7138 Visualizações

Jan den Das

• +0/-0
Breda Ba.65
« em: Fevereiro 15, 2010, 10:25:05 am »
Hi
During my, privat, inquiry concerning the Italian Breda Ba.65, I found that the Portugese Air Force has 10 of these aero planes.
They were during a storm all almost/complete destroyed.
I saw on the two only pictures I have seen in a Italian book that these aero planes did not have the two offensive machine guns.
Is there someone who can tell me why did they not has these guns, or were they later placed, in Portugal?
If they naver had any were these places in the wings used for something else?
My interrests are: history/drawings/dimensions (as much as possible)/pictures/colors, but also construction details (and pictures/drawings which gives these details) technical information etc.
I hope someone can help me?
Thanks
Jan

nelson38899

• Investigador
  • Recebeu: 715 vez(es)
  • Enviou: 706 vez(es)
  • +487/-2598
Re: Breda Ba.65
« Responder #1 em: Fevereiro 15, 2010, 11:10:27 am »
Citação de: "Jan den Das"
Hi
During my, privat, inquiry concerning the Italian Breda Ba.65, I found that the Portugese Air Force has 10 of these aero planes.
They were during a storm all almost/complete destroyed.
I saw on the two only pictures I have seen in a Italian book that these aero planes did not have the two offensive machine guns.
Is there someone who can tell me why did they not has these guns, or were they later placed, in Portugal?
If they naver had any were these places in the wings used for something else?
My interrests are: history/drawings/dimensions (as much as possible)/pictures/colors, but also construction details (and pictures/drawings which gives these details) technical information etc.
I hope someone can help me?
Thanks
Jan

this is the only photo that i find on the web :

"Que todo o mundo seja «Portugal», isto é, que no mundo toda a gente se comporte como têm comportado os portugueses na história"
Agostinho da Silva

Jan den Das

• +0/-0
« Responder #2 em: Fevereiro 15, 2010, 11:38:32 am »
Thanks, but this is one of the welknown pictures.
But Thanks
Jan

Lancero

• Investigador
  • Recebeu: 83 vez(es)
  • +74/-3
« Responder #3 em: Fevereiro 16, 2010, 04:26:49 pm »
From the  Air Force museum. Have in mind that this particular aircraft was of the Aviação Militar (Military Aviation), the precessor of the PoAF.
We did recieved 10 Ba.65 "bipostos" with Fiat engines and Breda L turrets in November 1939

Motor:

1 Fiat A-80 RC-41 com 1.000HP  

Dimensões:

Envergadura::.12,10 m
Comprimento::.9,30 m
Altura::.
Área alar::.

Pesos:Pesos:

Peso vazio::.
Peso equipado::.2950 Kg

Performances:

Velocidade Máxima::.430 Km/h

Caça monoposto multi-propósito Ba.65 de 1935. O Ba.65 foi inicialmente idealizado como caça multi-propósito (caça-bombardeiro, reconhecimento e assalto), porém, após seu uso em combate na 65° Squadriglia durante a Guerra Civil Espanhola, foi designado para operações de ataque ao solo (assalto) apenas. Não muito querido pelos pilotos, o Ba.65 era muito inferior a outras aeronaves e os exemplares empregados em 1941 no fronte Norte da África foram todos perdidos em curto período de tempo. Durante 1938-39, 55 exemplares foram vendidos para o Iraque, Chile e Portugal. A aeronave estava armada com duas metralhadoras de 7,7mm (calibre .30) mais duas metralhadoras de 12,7mm (calibre .50).  

"Portugal civilizou a Ásia, a África e a América. Falta civilizar a Europa"

Respeito

Jan den Das

• +0/-0
« Responder #4 em: Fevereiro 16, 2010, 06:10:17 pm »
Hi All
The planes were designed as attack plane, but they would use it as a single seat interceptor, They has done that in Spain but were not happy with that.
It would be used as two seat ground attack plane, but in Spain they used it as single seat ground attack plane and in that form it was not so bad. That had made a field modification so they could carry bombs under the wings and that was very useball as groundattacker.
During the campaign in North=Africa they fought until the last plane, this because the Ba.88 could not be used for the roule they were designed.
I found that one mentioned the armament, but seeing the pictures of the Portugese planes I cannot find any machige guns in the wings, the plane of Chile had replaced the Italian machine guns by one Madsen in each wing ( I have not yet seen a picture in this form). The Line up Chilenieen planes are picture taken in Italy with 2 Italian machine guns in each wing.
Is there more Portugese history and what was done with the place in the wings without machine guns (fuel tanks?)
Jan

Jan den Das

• +0/-0
« Responder #5 em: Agosto 18, 2010, 08:15:41 am »
Hi all

I found the following information and I hope that some one can confirm this and I hope some one can prove this by pictures.

The Ba.65 were delivered without offensive machine guns, but after they were put together they should by armament in Portugal with 4 FN-Browning machine guns.

Who can help me, or do you know some one who can?

Thanks
Jan

Jan den Das

• +0/-0
« Responder #6 em: Agosto 18, 2010, 09:17:00 am »
Hi all

What I was forgotten to ask is about the colors.

If you see on the page Wings palette and others are several colors dark/light.

Who can tell me which colors are close to which were used on the Ba.65?

Who can help me with drawings with colors of the top and bottom?

Thanks
Jan

Jan den Das

• +0/-0
« Responder #7 em: Agosto 18, 2010, 09:38:30 am »
Hi all

If you see on the page Wings palette and others, they show a dark and light version.

Thanks
Jan

nelson38899

• Investigador
  • +487/-2598
« Responder #8 em: Agosto 18, 2010, 11:58:50 am »
Hi all

If you see on the page Wings palette and others, they show a dark and light version.

Thanks
Jan

hei

if you want to know the colors the best site to find that is, http://forum.voaportugal.org/viewtopic. ... reda#p1141. This is a close forum, for that reason you need to do first the registration.  

I take from that website this image

source:voaportugal
« Última modificação: Agosto 20, 2010, 11:12:29 am por nelson38899 »
"Que todo o mundo seja «Portugal», isto é, que no mundo toda a gente se comporte como têm comportado os portugueses na história"
Agostinho da Silva

Jan den Das

• +0/-0
« Responder #9 em: Agosto 19, 2010, 10:11:28 am »
Hi Nelson

Thanks for the information.
Yesterday I contact that site, but I am now waiting they will accept me.

The colors you mention are not visible on the site.

Will you send them to me email?  janddas@gmail.com

If you have details/materials concerning the Ba.65 is that also welcome.

Thanks

nelson38899

• Investigador
  • +487/-2598
« Responder #10 em: Agosto 31, 2010, 10:40:53 am »
Agostinho da Silva