• 3414 Visualizações

Luso

• Investigador
  • Recebeu: 1612 vez(es)
  • Enviou: 666 vez(es)
  • +928/-7195
Credibilidade do Governo Americano
« em: Março 19, 2004, 02:12:09 pm »
Confesso-vos que sou um ex-simpatizante de Bush...
Parecia-me alguém que não ia em cantigas mas directamente a assunto. Enganei-me. Este tipo não merece qualquer credibilidade. E detesto que me enganem:
Mas não sou sou eu: conheçam mais alguém...

"Polish President: Misled About WMD In Iraq

(Source: Radio Netherlands; issued Mar. 18, 2004)

The Polish President Aleksander Kwasniewski says his country was misled about the existence of weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. The Polish president said, “We were taken for a ride.” But he continued that it did not make sense to withdraw troops from Iraq.  

Poland has command over an international force of 9,000 soldiers in southern Iraq; 2500 of them are Polish.  

The president’s comments come a few days after the announcement that Spain will withdraw its contingent of 1300 soldiers at the end of June, unless the United Nations is given a leading role in Iraq.  

-ends-  "

Outra facada na minha admiração pelo Governo americano (não necessáriamente actual) surgiu após a minha recente leitura de "Inside Delta Force" de Eric Haney:http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0385336039/qid=1079704990/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/103-4552884-1573441?v=glance&s=books

Sabiam que desde por volta de 1981, a Força Delta planeou - e treinou a sério com a ajuda da USAF - resgatar cerca de 130 prisioneiros americanos no... Vietname???

E que por duas vezes essas missões foram comprometidas por um antigo militar que veio para a televisão dizer que estava a organizar um grupo para salvar esses soldados?

Segundo Haney, seria a CIA a colocar em causa esse resgate.

Porque é que os Vietnamitas mantinham ainda prisioneiros americanos?

Para obter cerca de 11 Biliões de $USD para reparações de guerra, que estariam a ser negociados pela Administração Nixon. E como Nixon caiu e todos estavam fartos do Vietname...
Fiquei enojado com a narração!

E ao longo do livro verifica-se que a CIA é um estado dentro de um estado que não hesita em usar tudo ao seu alcance em seu próprio proveito.
Triste. Muito triste para quem admira os EUA
Ai de ti Lusitânia, que dominarás em todas as nações...

Spectral

• Investigador
  • +4/-1
(sem assunto)
« Responder #1 em: Março 20, 2004, 02:21:19 pm »
caro Luso, deve haver um problema com as datas.

Em 1981, era administração Reagan que já estava no poder. Já existia a Delta Force. Os relatos da existência de POWs nesta altura nunca foram confirmados ( não estou a dizer que não existissem)

Mas

Em 1971, era a admin. Nixon, que estava a efectuar a retirada global do Vietnam, embora efectuando ataques aéreos maciços ( julgo que é o ano da operação LINEBACKER ou parecido, que reduziu em muito a capacidade operacional do exército NVA). Existiam muitos ( centenas ) POWs. MAS ainda não existia a Delta Force ( o que não impediu os americanos de em 1970 lançarem o espetacualr raid a Son Tay, só que o campo estava vazio).

cumptos
I hope that you accept Nature as It is - absurd.

R.P. Feynman

dremanu

• Investigador
  • Recebeu: 1 vez(es)
  • +7/-18
(sem assunto)
« Responder #2 em: Março 20, 2004, 04:31:17 pm »
Caro Luso, não se admire com as estórias que você ouve em relação a CIA, tem muita coisa de verdade em todas elas.

Eis mais uma:

A CIA é tb conhecida por "Christians In Action". Vários dos chefes da CIA ao longo dos anos têm sido todos católicos, e segundo consta, vários deles educados por jesuítas Americanos. É conhecida a ligação entre a CIA e o Vaticano, ligação essa que foi especialmente forte durante o tempo da guerra fria. Talvez hoje em dia não sejá tão forte, mas com certeza continua a existir.

Um exemplo dessa ligação a funcionar: Vietname, regime comunista, ateu, anti-católico, inimigos mortais do Vaticano. O Nixon foi contra a vontade do Vaticano de manter a luta contra o comunismo, e tirou as tropas do Vietname, o que é que lhe aconteçeu, foi a baixo.
"Esta é a ditosa pátria minha amada."

Luso

• Investigador
  • Recebeu: 1612 vez(es)
  • Enviou: 666 vez(es)
  • +928/-7195
!
« Responder #3 em: Março 20, 2004, 05:50:32 pm »
Página 314 de “Inside Delta Force” de Eric L. Haney

“In the spring of 1981, Delta started work on a mission that spanned more than two years - yet never took place.
That lost mission haunts me to this day. In fact, it bothers me more and more as times goes by. I´ve given a great deal of thought as to weather or not to write about this. Once I decided to do so, I wrestled with how to write about it. I´ve come to the conclusion that there is only one way: hard and fast.

In 1981 we (elements of the United States Government) knew that approximately 125 American prisoners of war were still alive and in the hands of the government of North Vietnam. The men were being held in secret camps located in Laos, so when North Vietnam would periodically say, “There are no American prisoners alive in Vietnam”, they were technically telling the truth.

Immediately an intelligence effort was mounted to pinpoint the exact location of the prisoners. At the same time, Delta Force initiated planning to conduct a rescue operation. We worked very rapidly and gotten as far as completing a full scale dress rehearsal of the proposed raid when the mission started to unravel. It was eventually scuttled.

“Scuttled” is probably the wrong word to use. The rescue effort was methodically pulled apart, piece by piece, until the only thing left was the unpleasant rumor of live POW.

I do not clami to know the full story behind this tale. I know only the small portion of Delta was involved in, along with other bits and pieces of information I´ve gleaned in the years since. First to last, the mission was so highly compartimentalized that I´m shure only a handful of people know the whole story.

But what I know first hand and have learned from individuals I trust, I believe some of those who were in the know, made a desperate , and ultimately successful, attempt to make shure no live Americans would emerge from captivity in Vietnam.

And yes. That is a painful thing to even contemplate.

By the summer of 1981 we were ready to launch. We had just conducted a final rehearsal successfully duplicating mission intrincacies such as nighttime in-flight helicopter refuelling (by thanker C-130) while flying nap-of-the earth through mountain passes for long distances.

Since this was about a year since Iran, B Squadron in particular didn´t relish that aspect of the mission. But in stark contrast to the Iran raid, this time we would use Air Force helicopters flown by Air Force crews – most of whom had flown search-and-rescue missions in Vietnam. These men could be trusted not to quit.

To make our rehearsal as realistic as possible, we actually “rescue” a class of Air Force pilots undergoing POW training. We wanted men who would really act like prisoners – and anyone who had ever undergone SERE (survival evasion resistance escape) training will tell you that within twelve hours of being in camp, you believe you are a prisoner of war.”

Continua!

Esta deve ser a primeira vez que este texto é colocado na Internet!

(Afinal não eram 130 mas 125. A minha memória!)
Ai de ti Lusitânia, que dominarás em todas as nações...