• 0 Respostas
  • 2301 Visualizações

komet

• Investigador
  • Recebeu: 1 vez(es)
  • +0/-1
Liberdade às prestações...
« em: Fevereiro 09, 2004, 04:51:51 pm »
Passados 60 anos o Reino-Unido ainda tem q prestar contas aos EUA pela ajuda durante a Segunda Guerra Mundial, isto aliado ao facto que antes dos ataques japoneses os EUA estavam-se borrifando para a europa, parece-me mais que foi um acto de vingança contra as forças do eixo (do "mal") façam a analogia aos dias de hoje ehehe. O Super-homem devia cobrar à hora também não? Grandes heróis  :twisted:

World War II Debt

2.58 p.m.

Lord Laird asked Her Majesty's Government:

What steps they will take to mark the final repayment of Second World War debt to the United States Government when £244 million is paid in 2006.

Lord McIntosh of Haringey: My Lords, the Government have no current plans to mark the completion of the repayment of the United Kingdom's World War II debt to the United States Government.

8 Jul 2002 : Column 439

Lord Laird: My Lords, I thank the Minister for his reply. Does he recognise the concern at the recent disclosure that the USA is still demanding war debt repayment from the United Kingdom, almost 60 years after the war? In view of the UK rightly standing alongside the United States to defend freedom around the world, do the Government consider that that freedom comes at a price? In view of the United States' recent imposition of tax on steel imports from the UK, what do the Government consider to be the state of the special relationship?
"History is always written by who wins the war..."